Murals on Salt Spring
Call for Proposals
The Chamber of Commerce and Salt Spring Arts recognize that we carry out our work on unceded Coast Salish territories, including those of the Hul’qumi’num and SENĆOŦEN speaking peoples. This project takes place on lands that have been stewarded by Coast Salish people since time immemorial.
The Salt Spring Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Salt Spring Arts invites artists or artist teams to submit qualifications for the design of a mural in one of three locations in the heart of Ganges Village (Shiya’hwt/SYOWT). Artists with experience or knowledge of creating outdoor murals are encouraged to apply. This opportunity is open to all Canadian professional artists, individual artists or artist teams/collectives. The Salt Spring Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Salt Spring Arts recognizes and values diversity and inclusion; and unique dimensions of diversity including race, ethnicity, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, work style, communication style, learning preferences and others.
For this project, we are seeking public artwork suitable for outdoor exposure on the theme of sustainability, reciprocity and creativity.
- Increase public awareness in place-making and stewardship through arts and culture;
- Recognize and strengthen the role of the arts in our community;
- Activate Ganges streets, our community and public spaces.
- April 20 – Call for Proposals
- April 30 – Mural Making 101 Workshop
- May 16 – Round 1 Deadline
- May 30 – Shortlisted Artists Contacted
- June 17 – Round 2 Deadline
- July 8 – Successful Artists Announced
- July to September – Mural Installation
Located in the heart of Ganges the Mural Project will encourage significant public engagement both during installation and once the mural is complete. The sites will be prepared to be installation ready for the winning artists or artist teams.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK THIS LINK